The Health and Physical Education program at Brother Martin consists of different physical activities, sports and instruction in health education.
Activities and Sports Offered
- Weight Training and Conditioning
- Flag/Touch Football
- Physical Fitness Training
Health Education Opportunities
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
- Peer Pressure
- Mental Health/Self-Esteem
- Drug Abuse
Goals of the Program
- To increase the student’s physical strength and endurance.
- To develop motor skills for sports participation.
- To develop rhythmic and efficient movement skills.
- To develop team cooperation and sportsmanship.
- To promote the knowledge of and appreciation for games and physical activities.
- To gain an understanding of first aid, safely and the physical needs of the human body.
The required physical education uniform consists of the Brother Martin PE shirt and shorts, white socks and tennis shoes.
Grading is determined by participation, individual testing, proper dress and attitude. For freshmen, one-half of the grade is determined by class work in the area of Health and Safety.
Mr. Mark Bonis, M.S., Department Chair
Mr. Mark Benedetto ’77, B.S.
Mr. Jon Norris, M.A.
Mr. Aaron Paladino, B.G.S.
Mr. Daniel Roane, B.A.
Mr. Duffy Rousselle
Mr. Mark Wisniewski ’81, B.A.