Important Dates 2012-2013
Brother Martin High School welcomes prospective students and their families to come and experience the Crusader spirit! The dates below are to inform your family of activities at which we would like to meet you all.
September 13 – High School Information Night: 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm @ the Pontchartrain Center
September 19 – Brother Martin High School Information Night: 6:30 pm @ Brother Martin Auditorium
October 1 – School Day Tour: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
October 5 – School Day Tour: 7:30 am – 11:30 am (Pep Rally)
October 15 – School Day Tour: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
October 16 – Brother Martin High School Information Night: 6:30 pm @ Brother Martin Auditorium
October 19 – Crusader Discovery Night: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
October 20 – Jr. High Band Night @ Tad Gormley (for more information, contact the Admissions Office)
October 29 – School Day Tour: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
October 29 – Brother Martin High School Information Night: 6:30 pm @ Brother Martin Auditorium
November 1 – School Day Tour: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
November 8 – Open House: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
November 12 – Application forms for 8th & 9th Grades distributed and posted on-line
November 14 – Application forms for 8th & 9th Grades returned to elementary principals
November 16 – Application forms and records for 8th & 9th Grades sent by elementary principals to high schools
November 26 – Incoming 7th Grade Applications Due to Brother Martin
December 10 – 7th Grade Prospective Interviews Begin
January 8 – 8th & 9th Grade Prospective Interviews begin
January 10 – 7th Grade Acceptance letters mailed to students
January 12 – High School Application Day: 8:00 am
February 19th – 8th and 9th Grade Acceptance letters mailed to students
March 9th – New Crusader Registration Day
Important Admissions Information
For 7th grade applicants, Brother Martin requests that parents gather the academic records for their sons including:
- Final report cards for 4th grade and 5th grade.
- 1st quarter report card for 6th grade
- Standardized test results from 4th and 5th grades
- Completed Brother Martin Application found at brothermartin.com or inside the Brother Martin Viewbook
For 8th & 9th grade applicants, Brother Martin requests that parents gather their son’s cumulative elementary school record which includes:
- Current first quarter report card
- Transcripts and Standardized test scores for the last three years
- The recommendation of elementary school principal’s and/or teachers
The following considerations are used in admitting prospective students to Brother Martin High School:
- The student’s priority of choice in selecting Brother Martin
- The overall elementary school record
- An interview with each applicant and his parents.
Activities Available to your Son
- Cross Country
- Crusader Band
- Rugby Club
- Lacrosse Club
- Academic Games
- Student Council
- More than 85% of Brother Martin students taking the AP course and exam in Calculus, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, English Language and Composition, United States Government and Politics, United States History, Physics, and World History scored 3 or higher, which qualifies them for college credit in that content area.
- The Class of 2012 qualified for scholarships in excess of $18.9 million.
- Approximately 76% of the Class of 2012 was eligible for theTOPS Scholarship and 47% of those recipients qualified for the Performance or Honors Award.
- The ACT Average for the Class of 2012 (100% tested) is 24.8(National Average is 21.1, Louisiana State Average is 20.3).
- Honor graduates and AP Students earned an ACT Average of 31.1.
- 99% of our graduates are offered college acceptances. The remaining 1% enlisted with a branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- Honor Graduates from the Class of 2012 earned an average of 18 college credit hours upon graduation.
- The Class of 2012 collectively performed 28,448 hours of service to the community.
- National Merit recognized 6 Crusaders in 2012
- Fifteen 7th graders were named to the Duke Talent Identification Program
- 23 Varsity Athletes, who attained a 3.5 GPA or higher, were recognized by the LHSAA and placed on the 5-A Class All-Academic Team
- Fifteen students qualified for the State Literary Rally in the following subjects: English I and II, Biology I and II, Physics, U.S. History, Geometry, Advanced Math/Pre-Calculus, Civics, French I and II, Spanish II and III, Calculus, and Word Geography.
Click here for Tuition Information