On July 19th, the new Brothers of the Sacred Heart Province of the United States met for the first time since its formation. Led by the Brothers’ Provincial Superior in Council, Brother Mark Hilton, S.C., members of the The New Orleans, New England, and New York Provinces of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, along with lay partners from each province, celebrated the Installation of first U.S. Provincial with a mass at the Cathedral of St. Francis of Assisi in Metuchen, New Jersey. The mass was followed by a celebration banquet.
The unification, as much as it has functional elements, like the consolidation of three vocation, finance and discernment offices, also allows the Brothers to explore new ministries, activities, and assignments within the former three provinces.
Joining Brother Mark Hilton S.C. are First Councilor Brother Ronald Hingle. S.C., formerly of the New Orleans Province, Second Councilor Brother Joseph Holthaus, S.C., former Provincial of the New York Province, Third Councilor Brother Ivy LeBlanc, S.C., former Provincial of the New Orleans Province, and Fourth Councilor Brother Barry Landry, S.C., formerly of the New Orleans Province.
The works of the Province of the United States shall include, without limitation, the following:
• Andre Coindre Youth Resource Center, Davao City
• Bishop Guertin High School, Nashua
• Brother Martin High School, New Orleans
• Catholic High School, Baton Rouge
• Cor Jesu College, Digos City
• E.D. White Catholic High School, Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux
• Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School, New York City
• Mount Saint Charles Academy, Woonsocket
• Sacred Heart Spirituality Center, Davao City
• Saint Anne Mission, Klagetoh, Diocese of Gallup
• St Columba’s College, St Albans
• St. Joseph High School, Metuchen
• St. Stanislaus College, Bay St. Louis
• Vandebilt Catholic High School, Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux
May the foundation of the Province of the United States be an occasion of grace for its members and their partners in mission, drawing them more closely together in brotherhood and generous service to youth.
Ametur Cor Jesu! Ametur Cor Mariae!