The Roland H. & Macy Paton Meyer Science and Mathematics Building opened for the 2007-2008 school year on August 17th. The Meyer Building is located at the corner of Elysian Fields Avenue and Sumpter Street, the former site of the Brothers’ Residence (circa 1955). This 35,000 square foot building houses a computer lab, a chemistry lab, a biology lab and the Brother Maurus Bordelon Physics Lab. For flexibility, eight science classrooms adjoin the three state-of-the-art lab spaces on the second floor. The first floor has seven math classrooms and a computer lab.
Labs and classrooms are equipped with ceiling mounted projectors, video and DVD players, document cameras; screened X & Y coordinate graphs, LCD screens, teacher computer work stations and wireless connectivity. The classroom windows with manual solar protection and room darkening systems control varying daylight conditions while promoting student comfort, productivity and energy efficiency.