As it was with our humble beginnings in The French Quarter in 1869, our vision of holistic education sustains us as we prepare young men for life. The Alumni Appeal provides you the opportunity to ensure that the mission of the Brothers and their lay partners continues.
A history of generous alumni giving has provided results:
• Last season the Crusader athletic teams completed one of the most successful seasons in school history.
• Wrestling – District Champs, State Champs
• Cross Country – District Champs, Metro Champs, State Runners Up
• Basketball – District Champs, State Semifinalists
• Soccer – Co-District Champs, State Semifinalists
• Track & Field – District Champs
• Tennis – District Runners Up, Regional Doubles Champs, Regional Runners Up, 4th in State Tournament
• The Class of 2012 earned $15 million in scholarships to colleges and universities across the nation.
• 57% faculty members have earned a PhD or Master’s degrees
• 33 faculty members are alumni
• 6 faculty members are in religious life
• Average tenure of faculty is 25 years
• The Crusader Marching Band continues to achieve local and national recognition
• Our NJROTC has received the rating of Bravo Zulu, the highest rating, for 43 consecutive years
• Our Cheerleaders are nationally recognized and the 2012 State Champions
Our students benefit from your gifts. Since 1999, alumni have provided funding for the following:
• The James B. Branton Chapel
• The Roland H. & Macy Paton Meyer Science and Mathematics Building
• The Thomas F. and Elaine P. Ridgley Fine Arts and Athletic Center
• Renovation of E.A. Farley Field
• Backyard landscape improvements creating a student courtyard (to be completed this fall)
Your commitment is necessary to enhance our tradition of academic excellence, spiritual enrichment, extracurricular achievement and faculty distinction. Your charitable tax-deductible alumni appeal gift is a vote of confidence for Brother Martin High School, our faculty, staff and all those who support our school.
We ask that you return the attached form whether you are able to donate or not. Our goal is to have 100% response in regards to either the forms being returned or donating on-line. The response percentage is very important when we apply to foundations for grants or donations. Your generosity is most appreciated.
Kenny Spellman ’84